| Printing Solution: Print Station |
Printer release station kiosk software, suitable for secure print job release, deposits to Print Station accounts, and various "pay for print". Options available are as follows:
Print Station is software that runs on a dedicated Windows PC, to be used in controlled or pay-to-print environments. After users send print jobs from other workstations, they can approach the station, select the jobs they wish to send to the printer, make deposits to accounts, and/or submit some form of payment through devices such as card readers or cash machines. Print Station locks down the PC so that users cannot exit, and the Print Station software is the only application that is shown on the computer's display.
Print Station works with print queues hosted on Windows and NetWare. NetWare support includes NDPS and iPrint printers, and NDS queues. Print Station can also be used to provide a secure, password-protected release station.
Print Station with vending support can be used in the following ways:
- A dedicated deposit station where users can add credit to Print Station network accounts.
- A combination deposit and secure release station.
- Users can pay for individual print jobs using one of the supported devices.
- Includes built-in secure LPD server and NetWare queue server for transfer of print jobs from remote print servers to local printers (such as parallel and USB) on the Print Station machine.
- Windows 2000 or later, with Internet Explorer 6 or later.
- NetWare support requires Novell Client 32.
- Print Station running on the print server in order for page counts and cost of print jobs to be calculated, and/or to automatically pause jobs in print queues.
- A CPU fast enough and sufficient RAM to run the OS efficiently.